Not Seen Much Around Here And it Should Be - Take a Look on SQL

Not Seen Much Around Here And it Should Be - Take a Look on SQL

Post by Jon Sparta » Sun, 13 Jan 2002 11:50:28

I would wish to take a moment to THANK EVERYONE
who has been so kind and helpful to me in my last posting and before.

I never see much in the way of thanks to anyone here and it is about
time someone said it.

I have learned a LOT from everyone who has replied to me, EVEN it was
just a "Look at BOL" becuase it pointed me in the correct direction.

In my last question I received two response, which when combined and
some searching on the MS sire for a tool I have been able to
accomplish my goal AND have been able to amplify the sproc.

SO - Just a note to everyone for all their kind help.

Jon Spartan

Not Seen Much Around Here And it Should Be - Take a Look on SQL

Post by <colin> » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 01:02:05

Depends how deep you go down a thread. I find most end in well earned thank
you

Certainly mine do

Colin

Quote:> I would wish to take a moment to THANK EVERYONE
> who has been so kind and helpful to me in my last posting and before.

> I never see much in the way of thanks to anyone here and it is about
> time someone said it.

> I have learned a LOT from everyone who has replied to me, EVEN it was
> just a "Look at BOL" becuase it pointed me in the correct direction.

> In my last question I received two response, which when combined and
> some searching on the MS sire for a tool I have been able to
> accomplish my goal AND have been able to amplify the sproc.

> SO - Just a note to everyone for all their kind help.

> Jon Spartan

Not Seen Much Around Here And it Should Be - Take a Look on SQL

Post by JDP_M » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 02:23:07

TIA

Amen.

HTH

JeffP...

> Depends how deep you go down a thread. I find most end in well earned
thank
> you

> Certainly mine do

> Colin

> > I would wish to take a moment to THANK EVERYONE
> > who has been so kind and helpful to me in my last posting and before.

> > I never see much in the way of thanks to anyone here and it is about
> > time someone said it.

> > I have learned a LOT from everyone who has replied to me, EVEN it was
> > just a "Look at BOL" becuase it pointed me in the correct direction.

> > In my last question I received two response, which when combined and
> > some searching on the MS sire for a tool I have been able to
> > accomplish my goal AND have been able to amplify the sproc.

> > SO - Just a note to everyone for all their kind help.

> > Jon Spartan

Not Seen Much Around Here And it Should Be - Take a Look on SQL

Post by Tigg » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 02:25:10

I totally agree!!  I have not accessed deja.com yet with any of my
technical problems to at least not get an idea what my problem is.  In
many cases, the postings solved my problem or it would point me to the
right direction.  I am also thankful to deja.com overall myself.

Tigger

> I would wish to take a moment to THANK EVERYONE
> who has been so kind and helpful to me in my last posting and before.

> I never see much in the way of thanks to anyone here and it is about
> time someone said it.

> I have learned a LOT from everyone who has replied to me, EVEN it was
> just a "Look at BOL" becuase it pointed me in the correct direction.

> In my last question I received two response, which when combined and
> some searching on the MS sire for a tool I have been able to
> accomplish my goal AND have been able to amplify the sproc.

> SO - Just a note to everyone for all their kind help.

> Jon Spartan

1. Why am I not seeing deadlock messages in my Error Log

Hi there,

I have set traceflags 1204 and 1205 via a Query Analyzer session in
hopes of deadlock messages appearing my SQL Server 7.0 errorlog. To
date they have not. They are appearing though in the client logs.

I have ran dbcc tracestatus(-1) with teh following results:
TraceFlag   Status
----------- -----------
208         1
1204        1
1205        1

(3 row(s) affected)

so I believe they are set. Do I need to stop and restart the server?

I am running SQL Server 7.0 SP1 on WinNT 4.0 SP6a, with SQL Server and
Windows NT Authentication. Both SQL Server and SQL Agent services are
being run as local system and I have removed all Windows NT logins, so
it would require explicit SQL Server login.

Oh yes, in addition I have turned on auditing for all security, and do
not see those messages appearing in my error log. Other messages such as
backups and process kills do show up.

Is it a security or other configuration issue? Can you set the
severity of messages you want to show in the error log? Any help would
be appreciated.

Thanks
Leighton

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Call one SQL script from another in Query Analizer ?

3. Look for Oracle dba CA(bay area) (I am not headhunter)

4. general information?!

5. Looking for few good DBAs - I am not a headhunter

6. Problem with COPY TO

7. Why am I seeing such frequent registry access

8. SQL experts: help working around ORA-00934: group function is not allowed here

9. added new logical drive, Cluster sees it, SQL does not

10. Repost: Clustering Resources not seen by SQL Server

11. Clustering Resources not seen by SQL Server

12. OSQL not seeing my SQL Server