How to Move my DAtabse from SQl 7Trial ver to SQl Server Full Ver

How to Move my DAtabse from SQl 7Trial ver to SQl Server Full Ver

Post by Atul sing » Thu, 13 Dec 2001 21:22:56

I had Installed BAckoffice. The sql version in that allows only 5 Connection. So I bought the full ver(SQL 7). I would like to know how do I move my databse to the newer ver. or upgrade to sql7 full version.

Atul Singh
Network Administrator

How to Move my DAtabse from SQl 7Trial ver to SQl Server Full Ver

Post by BP Margoli » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 08:03:43

Atul,

Check out the documentation on the sp_detach_db and sp_attach_db system
stored procedures in the SQL Server 7.0 Books Online.

BP Margolin
Please reply only to the newsgroups.

Quote:> I had Installed BAckoffice. The sql version in that allows only 5

Connection. So I bought the full ver(SQL 7). I would like to know how do I
move my databse to the newer ver. or upgrade to sql7 full version.
Quote:

> Atul Singh
> Network Administrator

1. Triggers in SQL ver 6.5 and SQL ver 7.0

Hello,

I have a table called STUDENTS and STUDENTS_LOG.

I have created a TRIGGER on STUDENTS table that executes automatically when
I attempt to Insert or update the STUDENTS table.  The trigger adds a record
into STUDENTS_LOG using the INSERTED logical  table. This is to keep a
history of all modifications in the STUDENTS table.
------------------------------------
CREATE TRIGGER TRIG_STUDENT ON dbo.STUDENTS

FOR INSERT,UPDATE
AS

  INSERT INTO STUDENTS_LOG SELECT *  FROM INSERTED
-------------------------------------

STUDENTS table contains an IDENITY field.  I use a stored procedure to add a

other purposes.
STUDENTS_LOG table does not contain any IDENTITY fields

This operation worked fine with SQL ver 6.5

command in the TRIGGER

Why?

Thankyou for your time.

Gina Geurgis
The University of Queensland

2. Informatica PowerMart Question

3. Moving app from ver 4 to ver 8

4. Form Resize with Grid (VFP 3.0b)

5. free or trial ver of Sybase SQL Anywhere ver 5

6. PreparedStatement Disallowed implicit conversion

7. server ver 7, client ver 8

8. Calling a COM object from a Stored Procedure?

9. Ver 5.03 client to Ver 7.11 server problem.

10. server agent in SQL Server 7.0 ver 842 - OS WinNt 4.0 Server SP 4

11. will SQL client ver 7 completely interoperate with SQL Server 6.5

12. Microsoft sql7.0-client on odbc ver 2.65 and ver 3.70