SQL CE error 28037

Post by stuart jameso » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 23:10:53

I'm writing an app that needs replication.  I call replication.Synchronize()
and get the following error on my device

28037 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Windows CE Edition -2147012744 Run.

I know that 28037  is this description HttpSendRequest failed; HRESULT has
more detail

but I don't know why it failed or how to find out.

Thanx
Stu

SQL CE error 28037

Post by Brad Syputa - M » Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:49:41

Hi Stuart,

There could be a variety of reasons, but the most common is Permissions on
your IIS Share or Permissions on your Snapshot folder for Replication.

Please check out these White Papers from Kevin Boske:

SQL Server CE Security Whitepaper:

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/administration/2000/securitymod...
SQL Server CE Connectivity Troubleshooting Whitepaper :

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/administration/2000/CEconnectiv...
sp

--
Brad

Quote:

> I'm writing an app that needs replication.  I call

replication.Synchronize()
Quote:> and get the following error on my device

> 28037 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Windows CE Edition -2147012744 Run.

> I know that 28037  is this description HttpSendRequest failed; HRESULT has
> more detail

> but I don't know why it failed or how to find out.

> Thanx
> Stu

1. Help needed for Replication error HR -2147012867 Native Error 28037

I am working on an in house project for which we need to do merge -
replication using IIS, SQL Server CE 2.0 and SQL Server 2000 with SP1.
I have downlaoded the sample for replication from MSDN (CF_SSCE)but it
gives me error. I have followed all the steps written in the Books
Online for setting up the
configuration.I have done the following steps

1) Created a pubs user, added it to Publication Access List with all
the permissions

2) Created a shared directory to which everyone has full access and
modified the snapshot location to this directory

3) Enabled the sscesa20.dll logging to level 3.

4) IIS security is for anonymous log-in

Problem:

While connecting I give local database name , my internet URL where my
DLL is running, Database user name and password and my SQL server name
When schronize is called it gives me this error
HR -2147012867
Native Error 28037
Message Run
Source Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Windows CE Edition.

It would be of great help if you can throw some light on this

Regards
Sachin Verma
CSG, CAPS

2. ICON not created during install of VFP application

3. Error 28037

4. Inserting a record to only create the identity field

5. Intermittent error 28037 with 100Mbps CF Ethernet

6. Unix System Administrator - Austin, TX

7. Native Error 28037

8. Error Message 10004

9. 28037 --> SSCE sample

10. 28037 - HTTP Send Request Failed

11. Where I mistake in Native Number : 28037 ?

12. sometimes it works ... (28037)

13. Native Number 28037 - RUN Fails !!!