Can't drop the table!! Help!!

Post by Min » Tue, 05 Nov 2002 18:36:09

Hi,

Is there specific reason that can't drop the table from Enterprise Manager,
Query Analyser...??
It is very simple table with only one column defined, data type is varchar,
...it is used as temp table to dump data in during ftp process(running
stored procedure) and truncate it afterwards..
That stored procedure(ftp process) is running every hour..

Any answer would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks..

Can't drop the table!! Help!!

Post by chri » Tue, 05 Nov 2002 19:00:56

Whats the error message??? Permissions?

Quote:> Hi,

> Is there specific reason that can't drop the table from Enterprise
Manager,
> Query Analyser...??
> It is very simple table with only one column defined, data type is
varchar,
> ...it is used as temp table to dump data in during ftp process(running
> stored procedure) and truncate it afterwards..
> That stored procedure(ftp process) is running every hour..

> Any answer would be greatly appreciated..

> Thanks..

1. HELP!! Can't drop temp table

Hope anyone can shed light on this problem...

I created a temporary table in a stored procedure, and the first time I ran it I
forgot the drop table at the end of the routine. Ordinarily, I would just
execute a DROP TABLE command on it, but that returns that there is no object of
that name in the System Catalog. The trouble is, I cannot now edit that stored
procedure because it will not compile, returning an error saying that the temp
table object already exists!!! I have deleted the stored procedure, and
recreated it, reboot my machine, and stopped and started the SQL server, but to
no avail. And it gets wierder. If I change the table name to something else, and
try to add the stored procedure, it says that that newly named temp teble
already exists too!!! And I haven't even run the procedure to execute the CREATE
TABLE....

I am at my wits end - can anyone help??

Thanks in advance

Andrew

2. Q: How to create a table with fields of a special type?

3. Help! Can't drop merge subscriber tables

4. Switching to 32 bit, need help converting database.

5. Help: Can't drop corrup table (error 1117)

6. US- AZ - Delphi / VB / C++/ PB

7. Help: Can't drop table!

8. Precompiler embedded SQL

9. HELP Can't drop tables

10. Please Help !!! Can't drop table

11. if you will promise Allahdad's swamp against cans, it will angrily depart the unit

12. Bug Q234814, bug# 55330 'Drop Tables'

13. HELP! drop table and create table problems