MS SQL 6.0 to MS SQL 7 Across Wire Migration

MS SQL 6.0 to MS SQL 7 Across Wire Migration

Post by Dan Lade » Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I have two SQL servers.  One running 6.0 and the second running 7.0.  I
want to move a database from the v6 box to the v7 box.  How do I do
this?

Thanks,
Dan Laden

MS SQL 6.0 to MS SQL 7 Across Wire Migration

Post by Tibor Karasz » Fri, 12 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Dan,

You can run the upgrade wiz on the 7.0 machine and pick the data from the 6.

You can also script objects on the 6 and run the script in the 7. Then you
could use DST or BCP to get the data over. Note that DTS "Transfer Objects"
doesn't work across versions.

--
Tibor Karaszi
MCDBA, MCSE, MCSD, MCT, SQL Server MVP

Quote:> I have two SQL servers.  One running 6.0 and the second running 7.0.  I