Writing to DTS PackageLog?

Post by Dick Campbel » Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone have any sample code of how this is done in VB Script?
I understand it's done through the DTSPackageLog Object using
WriteStringToLog but I can't find a VBS example.

Thanks

Dick Campbell

Writing to DTS PackageLog?

Post by Euan Garde » Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Dick,
In 7.0 this interface will always come back as a Null IDispatch pointer.
This is fixed in 2000.

-Euan

Quote:> Does anyone have any sample code of how this is done in VB Script?
> I understand it's done through the DTSPackageLog Object using
> WriteStringToLog but I can't find a VBS example.

> Thanks

>* Campbell

1. packagelog.WriteTaskRecord

Has anyone tries to use WriteTaskRecord and
WriteStringToLog methods of PackageLog to write to the
SQLServer 2000 DTS package log?

WriteStringToLog and WriteTaskRecord appears to work fine,
but when using the Enterprise Manager to view the logs,
everything that was written out using WriteStringToLog
shows up with a RED "X" in the first column, indicating
that it was a FAILED op's.

My intend in using WriteStringToLog was for information
purpose, not for error reporting.

Anyone has different or same experience or can help,
please share your knowledge.

2. Using ODBC within an NT Service application

3. PackageEvents & PackageLog

4. DBCC on Backup Server Ok?

5. Fg Writes, LRU Writes, Chunks Writes

6. Group by... Having in Local SQL

7. Can't Create Snapshot

8. Tricky: DTS package writing to UNC in job

9. DTS Data Pump Task cannot write to ODBC?

10. DTS - ActivexScript - Writing to a textfile?

11. Write to Text files from DTS package.