Anyone know of some canned (cheap or free) DB performance testing software

Anyone know of some canned (cheap or free) DB performance testing software

Post by Alan Berezi » Fri, 09 May 2003 23:27:43

Ideally, it would create all the table, load them up, and run a bunch of
threads to test OLTM and/or DSS type DBs.  We are in the process or
upgrading and may try to benchmark a few systems or configs.

Anyone know of some canned (cheap or free) DB performance testing software

Post by John Bel » Fri, 09 May 2003 23:47:37

Hi

The is a database hammer application in the SQL Server Resource Kit if you
already have it!

http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/4939.asp

The following may help a little:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbd...

John

Quote:> Ideally, it would create all the table, load them up, and run a bunch of