Error Processing Cube - Could Not Establish Connection to the DSS Server

Error Processing Cube - Could Not Establish Connection to the DSS Server

Post by Chad Curra » Tue, 24 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I am following the tutorial in the OLAP Server that ships with Beta 3, and I
got the following error when I tried to process the cube:

"Error( 202): Could Not Establish Connection to the DSS Server"

Any ideas why this is?

Error Processing Cube - Could Not Establish Connection to the DSS Server

Post by Vidmantas Mateli » Tue, 24 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Go to Control Panel->Services->DSS Analysis server and start this service.
If it is in "Automatic" mode, it will start after you'll restart your
computer.

Vidas,

http://www.netrover.com/~vidma

>I am following the tutorial in the OLAP Server that ships with Beta 3, and
>got the following error when I tried to process the cube:

>"Error( 202): Could Not Establish Connection to the DSS Server"

>Any ideas why this is?

Error Processing Cube - Could Not Establish Connection to the DSS Server

Post by Chad Curra » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

You are right, my DSS service was not started. However, I am unable to start
the service in Control Panel. I set the service up to use my user account to
log in, and when I try to Start the service I get the error "Could not
start..." "Access Denied". This is different from an invalid password error
"Could not start..." "Due to Logon Failure.". Any ideas on why this won't
start?

Error Processing Cube - Could Not Establish Connection to the DSS Server

Post by Vidmantas Mateli » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I believe the service startup account should be account with administrative
privileges and have
"Log on as service" privilege:
"User manager for domains"->"Policies menu"->"User rights"->"<Select 'show
advanced'>"->"Select right "Log on as service" and assing yourself.

Vidmantas Matelis

http://www.netrover.com/~vidma