set rowcount 500000

Post by Norri » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Will it affect the performance if I add the first statement "set rowcount 500000
" inside all my stored procedures?

--
- Have several nice days...
- Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of the Corp.

set rowcount 500000

Post by Russell Brid » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Will it affect the performance if I add the first statement "set rowcount
500000
>" inside all my stored procedures?

I don't think it would slow down your procs very much but it would
invalidate certain results if you did have over 500000 rows to
process. It seems like a bad practice to me!
Russell Bride
Quote:

>--
>- Have several nice days...
>- Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of the Corp.
>http://www.veryComputer.com/
>http://www.*port.com/~tangent/programming/winsock/

set rowcount 500000

Post by Norri » Thu, 21 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I think my log space cannot handle more than 5000000 rows at one statement.

>>Will it affect the performance if I add the first statement "set rowcount
> 500000
>>" inside all my stored procedures?
> I don't think it would slow down your procs very much but it would
> invalidate certain results if you did have over 500000 rows to
> process. It seems like a bad practice to me!
> Russell Bride

>>--
>>- Have several nice days...
>>- Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of the Corp.
>>http://www.veryComputer.com/
>>http://www.*port.com/~tangent/programming/winsock/

--
- Have several nice days...
- Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of the Corp.
http://www.veryComputer.com/
http://www.*port.com/~tangent/programming/winsock/

set rowcount 500000

Is there any difference between the "set rowcount" inside and outside stored proc?  Is there any login script for isql?

Post by Michael Pepple » Fri, 22 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> Is there any difference between the "set rowcount" inside and outside stored proc?  Is there any login script for isql?

No, and no.

If you set rowcount in a sproc it stays in effect until you reset it.

Michael

> >> I am using isql

> > So I'd issue a set rowcount xxx in isql before running the stored procs...

> > Michael

> >> --
> >> - Have several nice days...
> >> - Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of the Corp.
> >> http://www.veryComputer.com/
> >> http://www.*port.com/~tangent/programming/winsock/

> > --
> > Michael Peppler         -||-  Data Migrations Inc.

> > Int. Sybase User Group  -||-  http://www.veryComputer.com/

> --
> - Have several nice days...
> - Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of the Corp.
> http://www.veryComputer.com/
> http://www.*port.com/~tangent/programming/winsock/

--
Michael Peppler         -||-  Data Migrations Inc.

Int. Sybase User Group  -||-  http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. set rowcount 500000

Will it affect the performance if I add the first statement "set rowcount 500000" inside all my stored procedures?

--
- Have several nice days...
- Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of the Corp.
http://www.ntfaq.com
http://www.cyberport.com/~tangent/programming/winsock/

2. Error trapping in stored procedure

3. getting rownum 500000 - 500050 from a database

4. relational technology flames

5. SET ROWCOUNT set by ODBC...

6. VA-VA-104372--Software Testing-SQA-Automated Test Tools-C-C++-ORACLE-Mainframe-Y

7. SET ROWCOUNT inside of a user-defined function

8. MAKING MATH EASY!

9. PROBLEM with SET ROWCOUNT

10. set rowcount and cursor, which one performs better?

11. Sql Server SELECT & SET ROWCOUNT

12. Set RowCount in UDF

13. Update Top n rows Without Set RowCount