SQL search - not Fulltext

Post by msnew » Wed, 23 May 2001 15:25:16

I would like to search a varchar(240) column for either a carriage return or
a linefeed. Fulltext is not being used and I was hoping to be able to use
LIKE and  char(xx) with the % wildcard but - no go.
Any suggestions ?

TIA

DB

SQL search - not Fulltext

Post by Hilary Cotte » Wed, 23 May 2001 21:26:57

from bol

Examples
This example, which assumes an ASCII character set, returns the ASCII value and
char character for each character in the string "Du monde entier."

SET TEXTSIZE 0
SET NOCOUNT ON
-- Create the variables for the current character string position
-- and for the character string.

-- Initialize the variables.

   BEGIN

   END
SET NOCOUNT OFF
GO

Quote:-----Original Message-----

I would like to search a varchar(240) column for either a carriage return or
a linefeed. Fulltext is not being used and I was hoping to be able to use
LIKE and  char(xx) with the % wildcard but - no go.
Any suggestions ?

TIA

DB

.

SQL search - not Fulltext

Post by msnew » Thu, 24 May 2001 07:24:53

OK, yes I saw that - I thought there might be an alternative but that's ok
for now.
Thanks
DB

[...]

1. sql fulltext does not search for national words

I need to search for national russian words using query like
select * from PEOPLE WHERE CONTAINS(*,'??')
but receive an error
Server: Msg 7619, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Execution of a full-text operation failed. A clause of the query contained
only ignored words.

Is it possible to search for national words (cyrillic-russian)?

Thank You
Nikolay

2. MTS / DTC not rollling back transaction

3. Fulltext search of XML not working, mssdmn crashes

4. Stored procedure(s) with join cause SQL 6.5 to burn via odbc, why?

5. SQL Server FullText will not come up on one node but not the other

6. Conection ID Error using .UDL files

7. Fulltext Search AND web site search

8. JavaBlend ?

9. SQL 2000 FullText Search and Win 2000 Pro

10. Fulltext search and SQL 7 SP2

11. Sql server fulltext search

12. FULLTEXT Search and CONTAINS in Sql Server 7.0

13. SQL fulltext search