Irritating "feature" of Enterprise Manager

Irritating "feature" of Enterprise Manager

Post by Scott Shel » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 04:00:00

I'm sure everyone using EM on a regular basis would like to know if there is
a way to have EM start with a specified server node expanded, and connection
already made.  So that you don't have to expand 4 different nodes just to
get to your server every time you load up EM.  Could this be done with an
mmc snap-in?

--
Scott Shell

Please post replies both to the newsgroup and to my email address,

Irritating "feature" of Enterprise Manager

Post by Jim Hon » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 04:00:00

In Tools -> Options -> Advanced

Check "Open the console tree to the last active node".

This is for SQL2000 SEM, btw.

HTH,
J.

> I'm sure everyone using EM on a regular basis would like to know if there
is
> a way to have EM start with a specified server node expanded, and
connection
> already made.  So that you don't have to expand 4 different nodes just to
> get to your server every time you load up EM.  Could this be done with an
> mmc snap-in?

> --
> Scott Shell

> Please post replies both to the newsgroup and to my email address,

Irritating "feature" of Enterprise Manager

Post by Nancy Lytl » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 06:26:01

I have tried that and it doesn't seem to work, I am using SQL 2000 on my
workstation, to a SQL Server 7.0 Database server?

Any ideas?

N Lytle

> In Tools -> Options -> Advanced

> Check "Open the console tree to the last active node".

> This is for SQL2000 SEM, btw.

> HTH,
> J.

> > I'm sure everyone using EM on a regular basis would like to know if
there
> is
> > a way to have EM start with a specified server node expanded, and
> connection
> > already made.  So that you don't have to expand 4 different nodes just
> > get to your server every time you load up EM.  Could this be done with
an
> > mmc snap-in?

> > --
> > Scott Shell

> > Please post replies both to the newsgroup and to my email address,

Irritating "feature" of Enterprise Manager

Post by Gert E.R. Draper » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 16:21:40

It works for me, in 2000. Does the setting stick ? In other words, when you
set it, close EM and bring it back up does it stay checked or unchecked
(depending how you want it) ?
-GertD

> I have tried that and it doesn't seem to work, I am using SQL 2000 on my
> workstation, to a SQL Server 7.0 Database server?

> Any ideas?

> N Lytle

> > In Tools -> Options -> Advanced

> > Check "Open the console tree to the last active node".

> > This is for SQL2000 SEM, btw.

> > HTH,
> > J.

> > > I'm sure everyone using EM on a regular basis would like to know if
> there
> > is
> > > a way to have EM start with a specified server node expanded, and
> > connection
> > > already made.  So that you don't have to expand 4 different nodes just
> > > get to your server every time you load up EM.  Could this be done with
> an
> > > mmc snap-in?

> > > --
> > > Scott Shell

> > > Please post replies both to the newsgroup and to my email address,

1. Enterprise Manager "Error"

hi all,

i have heard here is the right place to ask for some help :-)

 first in german :
"Vorraussetzungen:
Server -> MS SQL Server 7.0, SP 2
Client -> MS SQL Server 7.0, ohne SP

Beschreibung:
Im Enterprise Manager auf dem Client tritt beim ?ffnen
einer beliebigen Tabelle folgender Fehler auf:
"Ein unerwarteter Fehler ist w?hrend dieses Vorgangs aufgetreten.
[Abfrage] - Im Abfragedesigner ist ein Abfrage-Fehler aufgetreten:
Unbekannter Fehler"
Die Abfrage ber den Enterprise Manager hat initial funktioniert.
Eine Abfrage ber z.B. Query Analyzer ist jedoch m?glich.

second in english (sorry for my ...):
In Enterprise Manager i tried to open a table. ( between on the server it
was allright)
the enterprise screen got blank and the  errrorwindows appeared.
" Unexpected Error occurred. [Query]- .... unkown errror
when i tried the queryanalyser the query is possible.

thx a lot
Ralf Petschulat

2. Oracle ProC and Sybase

3. Enterprise Manager "catastrophic failure" message

4. User defined data type-problems

5. Old copy of Filemaker needed

6. "Unknown error " with SQL Enterprise Manager

7. SEEK with AT()?

8. "suspect" tags in SQL Enterprise Manager

9. Reinstall "Enterprise manager"?????

10. Enterprise Manager "Open Table" frustration

11. database missing at "Enterprise manager"

12. "Process Info" in Enterprise Manager