Any one know how to do a case sensitive search for text on a case
May be its just me but I can not remember if you can do this.
You can't directly but if you CONVERT the string to binary/varbinary you can
Neil Pike MVP/MCSE. Protech Computing LtdQuote:> Any one know how to do a case sensitive search for text on a case
> insensitive database.
> May be its just me but I can not remember if you can do this.
1. Case sensitive restored into a Case insensitive DB
I have a case sensitive database in SQL 7.0. I'm trying to convert it
to a case insensitive database in SQL 2000 with no luck...
1. I tried creating a new DB in SQL 2000 (CI) restoring it into that
DB. No luck, the database inherited the case sensitivity.
2. I tried creating the database in SQL 2000 (CI) and using DTS...no
luck. It errored out on the first table.
Someone told me create the DB (CI) and do an SP_ATTACH the data file.
I heard that does not work either.
3. case sensitive/ case insensitive -- ?
5. data case-insensitive but storedprocedure identifier case-sensitive?
6. Negotiating Repeating Fields via Portal
7. v6.5 case sensitive to case insensitive ?
8. All Choice
9. case-sensitive or case-insensitive: which is better in SQL 7
10. collation problem -- switch from case insensitive to case sensitive
11. How to use both case sensitive and case insensitive search
12. Case-sensitive to Case-insensitive
13. SQL Server case sensitive or case insensitive.