SQL Server7 linking to another SQL Server7 database.

SQL Server7 linking to another SQL Server7 database.

Post by Daniel Kubic » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 19:57:14

when executing the following statement  on our database server 1
select * from mxb2xxx.maxtest.dbo.pm
I get this message
Server: Msg 7356, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' supplied inconsistent metadata for a column.
Metadata information was changed at execution time.

any ideas?
P.S. I get the same message going the other direction

Daniel Kubicek

SQL Server7 linking to another SQL Server7 database.

Post by Anith Se » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 20:30:53

Are you sure mxb2xxx is set up as a linked server? Can
you see it in master..sysservers? Check if this applies
in your case
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q255097&LN=EN...

Also just a guess..is the following the exact Query you
are trying?
select * from mxb2xxx.maxtest.dbo.pm

Or is it just a portion of a more complex code?

--
- Anith

1. SQL Server7 linking to another SQL Server7 database.

when executing the following statement  on our database server 1
select * from mxb2xxx.maxtest.dbo.pm
I get this message
Server: Msg 7356, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' supplied inconsistent metadata for a column.
Metadata information was changed at execution time.

any ideas?
P.S. I get the same message going the other direction

Daniel Kubicek

2. Selling Warehouse Architect $350 bid. less than an hour left!

3. Linking 2 SQL Server7 Databases

4. DB size and performance ?

5. Load SQL Server6.5 database in SQL Server7.0

6. Error Type: Provider (0x8004005) Unspecified error

7. how to copy a database from SQL server6.5 to SQL server7.0

8. Help Compiler for Word 6.0

9. REPOST: SQL Server7 db link to Oracle8i

10. SQL Server7 db link to Oracle8i

11. Access 97 linked table to Sql Server7.0 truncates data

12. REPOST: SQL Server7 db link to Oracle8i

13. Slow Link to SQL server7