ms SQL & Website without Network socket

Post by Martin Ioze » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:03:33

Hi,

I'm trying to start a site with web server and MSsql server on the same
computer.
Is it possible to set the connection between the programs NOT through
network socket?
How can I do that?

ms SQL & Website without Network socket

Post by Shri Anandpura [M » Sat, 30 Mar 2002 01:45:21

I do not believe I understand your question. YOu can use Named pipes if you
wish
Thanks
Shri Anandpura

You assume all risk for your use.

--------------------

| Subject: ms SQL & Website without Network socket
| Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 11:03:33 +0200

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup
|
| Hi,
|
| I'm trying to start a site with web server and MSsql server on the same
| computer.
| Is it possible to set the connection between the programs NOT through
| network socket?
| How can I do that?

1. SQL Server access on Novell network without Client for MS Networks

I've been trying to find some sort of real documentation on a matter that
has been puzzling me.

Is there a way to access a SQL Server on a NT box through a Novell network?
The only way that I have been able to do this has been to install the Client
for MS Networks and do a quick logon to the domain.  I will be using
standard SQL security, so NT authentication is not my concern.

Any comments at all would be appreciated.

Dale Mumper

2. Stream & Errors

3. SQL & network gurus: MS DTC problem

4. Delphi on the IRC

5. PROXY & MS SQL Server Client Network Utility

6. Mosaic/Ingres integration

7. SQL & network gurus: MS DTC problem

8. OK, now I'm pissed...

9. Connecting Win95 without MS Network client / domain auth.

10. Win95 Connectivity without MS Network Client / Domain Auth

11. ..[Named Pipes]Specified SQL server not found or ..][TCP/IP Sockets]General network error

12. Question on MS SQL TCP/IP Sockets

13. Any MS SQL Server websites