Exporting more than 22 coloumns to a flat text file from MS OLE DB Provider

Exporting more than 22 coloumns to a flat text file from MS OLE DB Provider

Post by Rober » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:50:38

Im having problems exporting more than 22 coloumns to a txt file. There are
no coloumns visible when I get to the Destination tab, and then the whole
Enterprise manager shuts down. Does anybody have a solution to the problem?

Robert

Exporting more than 22 coloumns to a flat text file from MS OLE DB Provider

Post by Rober » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 19:33:41

And that worked fine. Tried to export the data to an excel file and that
worked fine too.
The coloumn properties are varchar and integer.

Robert

Quote:> Im having problems exporting more than 22 coloumns to a txt file. There
are
> no coloumns visible when I get to the Destination tab, and then the whole
> Enterprise manager shuts down. Does anybody have a solution to the
problem?

> Robert

Exporting more than 22 coloumns to a flat text file from MS OLE DB Provider

Post by Allan Mitchel » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 22:05:44

This is a glitch of SP3 for SQL Server 2000 but the fix is available here

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;814113

--

Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
MCSE,MCDBA

Quote:> Im having problems exporting more than 22 coloumns to a txt file. There
are
> no coloumns visible when I get to the Destination tab, and then the whole
> Enterprise manager shuts down. Does anybody have a solution to the
problem?

> Robert

1. Accessing Flat files through DTS Flat File OLE DB Provider

Hello,

I am interested in defining a DTS package that transforms data from
flat files to SQL Server table.

I would like to access the flat files through the DTS Flat File OLE DB
Provider.

But, I couldn't find any information on how to define the metadata of
the Flat files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Hayim Salti

2. How to delete two or more tables just one time

3. Using the OLE DB flat file provider to automate DTS w/VB6

4. JDeveloper and jbo?

5. SQL Server DTS Flat File OLE DB Provider

6. what does this simple message mean in general?

7. Reqd help for reading flat text file throgh OLE DB

8. retrieve property "AUTOINCREMENT" of a column

9. ODBC provider vs MS SQL provider (OLE DB)

10. Is there a text file OLE DB provider?

11. Catch 22 Exporting to Dbase File

12. Export table into flat text files