sysprocesses

Post by Pier Gaetano Novar » Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:35:21

I need to set the column program_name on the table sysprocesses using a SQL
command to send via ODBC connection, who knows what command I have to send?
Thanks.
Pier Gaetano Novara

sysprocesses

Post by Bruce Van Bure » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 03:01:37

I believe  it is the connection string App= parameter.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I need to set the column program_name on the table

sysprocesses using a SQL
Quote:>command to send via ODBC connection, who knows what

command I have to send?
Quote:>Thanks.
>Pier Gaetano Novara

>.

1. SysProcesses and LastWaitType

Hi,

In our sql server 2000 there is about 20-30 clients always connected
and there is about 100 sleeping processes. Most of the time these
processes are not blocked. However if i do a query on sysprocesses
table to look for what was there lastwaittype it gives me a list:
(current waittype is most of the time 0 and blocking is also 0)

LastWaitType    No of Process
-----------------------------
MISCELLANEOUS       31
NETWORKIO           25
WRITELOG            16
RESOURCE_QUEUE      4
PAGELATCH_UP        2
LATCH_EX            2
IO_COMPLETION       1
PAGEIOLATCH_SH      1
SLEEP               1

Locks/Object

Process ID      Lock Type       Mode    Status  Owner   Index   Resource
99                  DB           S      GRANT   Sess
.
.
98                  DB           S      GRANT   Sess
-----
99 Locks like this

Majority of the processes were waiting for miscellaneous and network
resources...

What does it really points to? is there any network resource shortage?

Normally there is no performance problem, but sometimes the response
from the server gets really slow. Then we have to restart the sql
server to get rid of this sleeping processes.

(btw. the clients applications run a lot of short SP's and also a
significant amount of un-prepared SQL statements.. The server is
equipped with dual PIII 700Mhz processor, 700+MB ram with raid 5
configured HDD and Intel 100mpbs ethernet card.)

Thanks very much.

Sazzad

2. Any suggestion on tax calculation

3. Sysprocesses thrashing

4. Requery of DE command

5. Users in database without data in sysprocesses

6. Mirroring continued

7. Trigger on SYSPROCESSES

8. Anybody who knows Sql Windows/ Centura team dev PLEASE help

9. SQL Svr Sysprocesses (1/1) - sysprocsrc.zip (0/1)

10. SQL Svr Sysprocess Monitor

11. master..sysprocesses.cpu???????

12. Host disappears from sysprocesses

13. enter value in table sysprocesses