how long does dbcc checkdb take

Post by chri » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 02:25:32

sql 2000
sp 2
Ive got a 7.5 gig db that Im currently running the above statement on. 7
tables. 5 indexes on 1 table and 1 index per table on each other table. ( Im
going to put on more, Im still building the db) I have the repair_rebuild
option specified. Its been running for 1 hour and 12 minutes so far. I new
it would hammer the response of EM and other queries but had no idea it
would do it this bad. Any guesstimates on time? Does anybody else use this
thing? I ran it do to a torn page message yesterday when building some
TIA

how long does dbcc checkdb take

Post by Andrew J. Kell » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 02:27:45

It mostly depends on your hardware.  If you have a fast disk array, fast
cpus and lots of ram it will take less time than a slow disk array or slower
cpus.  You also might want to check to ensure nothing is blocking the DBCC.
Run sp_who2 to ensure there is no blocking of the DBCC.

--
Andrew J. Kelly   SQL MVP
Targitinteractive, Inc.

Quote:> sql 2000
> sp 2
> Ive got a 7.5 gig db that Im currently running the above statement on. 7
> tables. 5 indexes on 1 table and 1 index per table on each other table.
( Im
> going to put on more, Im still building the db) I have the repair_rebuild
> option specified. Its been running for 1 hour and 12 minutes so far. I new
> it would hammer the response of EM and other queries but had no idea it
> would do it this bad. Any guesstimates on time? Does anybody else use this
> thing? I ran it do to a torn page message yesterday when building some
> TIA

how long does dbcc checkdb take

Post by chri » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 02:41:00

1 hour 22 minutes. Praise the Lord!!!

Quote:> sql 2000