Disconnect caused by SetUser

Post by Grant Fritche » Wed, 28 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I have four 7.0 servers, two internal, two external to my network. On the
two internal servers, if I log in as SA, not a trusted connection, and send
a setuser command, everything works. On the external servers, logged in as
SA, the same setuser command causes and immediate disconnect from the server
with the error: "SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 7 generated fatal
exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL Server is terminating
this process."

Does horrible things to the log too. I can reconnect and everything works as
normal, just not this command. Does anyone have a guess what this might be?

Thanks,

Grant

1. SETUSER Causes Disconnect

I have four servers, two on our local network and two on two distinct
external networks. All are 7.0. The local ones have SP1 applied.

When I run the SETUSER command while connected to either of the local
machines, everything works fine. When I run it connected to either of the
external servers, an immediate disconnect occurs and a stack dump is
registered in the error logs.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks,

Grant

-----------------------------------
Grant Fritchey
Database Administrator
DASH.COM

978-929-9777 x807

2. Whart is better to generate Pk @@DBTS or IDENTITY(1,1)

3. What might cause disconnects to SQL 7???

4. Oracle7 + 32 bit ODBC killing me!!!!

5. Disconnect to SQL server causing problems

6. VB6 code to list SQL servers

7. Value of disconnected rs field changing w/o cause

8. @@sqlstatus and Unix

9. disconnecting a recordset causes Unidentified Error (sometimes)

10. ADO disconnected rs NOT disconnected

11. Windows NT User activated by SETUSER error

12. SETUSER