Default values after upsizing access95 to sql6.5

Post by Harald Pek » Wed, 24 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi!

1)
I had a datetime field in the access95 table with the default value
=Date()

After upsizing the table to MSSql6.5 the default value is STILL inserted
BUT
theres NO entry in the default of the SQL-tabledefinition and theres
NO
trigger!

So where does the SqlServer take the default value from?
What am i missing?

2)
MSSql has the datatype smalldatetime.
Which datatype has to be used in access to be upsized to a smalldatetime
not
a normal datetime?

Thanx for any help
Harald

Post by APCassi » Thu, 25 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>1)
>I had a datetime field in the access95 table with the default value
>=Date()

>After upsizing the table to MSSql6.5 the default value is STILL inserted
>BUT
>theres NO entry in the default of the SQL-tabledefinition and theres
>NO
>trigger!

>So where does the SqlServer take the default value from?
>What am i missing?

I don't have an answer on your second question and I'm not sure that I have a
solution for the first, but here is my suggestion.  If your still in fact
getting the default inserted but there isn't a default in the table definition
it just means that there is no DEFAULT defined, which means that I would assume
there is a DEFAULT CONSTRAINT that was created instead.  DEFAULT CONSTRAINTS
aren't listed in the table definition, but would be shown if you used the
generate script utility within the enterprise manager.  One or the other is
still in effect.  Sooo, take a look at your constraints and take a look at your
defaults (from the enterprise manager choose MANAGE and then DEFAULTS) and it's
got to be in one of those two areas to the best of my knowledge.

Hope this helps,

Adam P. Cassidy

1. Upsized Access95 to SQL Server 6.5 problems

I have upsized an Access95 database to SQL Server 6.5 to run on a Windows
NT server 4.0. I have installed service pack 3 for NT, and also service
pack 3 for SQL Server.

My problem is this...

A particular table cannot have records inserted via the Access form. I can
add a record to the table from within SQL Server, from the linked
'Table_remote' in Access, and from any query based on this table. But when
I try to add it from the form I get the following error:

Insert failed on attached (linked) table 'Table_remote'

What's more, this will occasionally work once or twice. Then when I come
back to it it fails again. Can anyone help?

2. Please help me to understand something

3. Div by Zero when upsize with Access97 - worked fine with access95

4. Transactional replication

5. Access 7 upsizing wizard + SQL6

6. Chunks and Offset.

7. Upsizing Wizard only for SQL6.5???

8. GA-Norcross-103718--Software/Hardware-Windows NT-Cabling-TCP/IP-Networking-ORACL

9. Error upsizing Access2000 database to SQL6.5 ('Table was skipped, or export failed)

10. Access upsize to SQL6.5 ODBC fail.

11. Stored Procedure Defaults (Can I use functions to get the default value)

12. default datestamp of 12am of today's date for default value