internal nt error

Post by Noah Watkin » Sat, 17 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Is reinstalling nt or reinstalling sql server the only way to fix the
following problem?

My SQLServer was running fine since i installed it, today i restarted the
server and the service wouldn't start. The error was this:

Could not start sql server, an internal windows nt error occurred.

Noah

internal nt error

Post by Neil Pik » Sun, 18 Jun 2000 04:00:00

 Noah - look in the NT event logs for the reason why

 > Is reinstalling nt or reinstalling sql server the only way to fix the

Quote:> following problem?

> My SQLServer was running fine since i installed it, today i restarted the
> server and the service wouldn't start. The error was this:

> Could not start sql server, an internal windows nt error occurred.

> Noah

 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (428 entries) see
 forumsb.compuserve.com/gvforums/UK/default.asp?SRV=MSDevApps (sqlfaq.zip - L7
- SQL Public)
 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html
 or www.sql-server.co.uk
 or www.mssqlserver.com/faq

1. Sql Server 6.5 NT4 Internal NT Error 2140

Hello NG

I try to install MS SQL 6.5 SP3 on a PDC as an service. I create an account
for MSSQL. The Install works fine, no error in the log. I try to start the
SQLSERVER service log on as local system --> it crashes with an error
'internal NT error 2140'. Second, I'll try to  start the service with an
special account (sql_service with password) --> same error message.

No error messages in \mssql\log or event.

What's my mistake ?? can anyone giv me an hint ?? what means 'internal NT
error 2140' ??

2. Time-oriented database?

3. internal nt error

4. VA-Herndon-93725--C++-Client/Server-HP-HP-UX-HTML-Java-Networking-UNIX-Software Engineer/Developer

5. HELP - cannot start SQL server service - Internal NT error

6. VB and dBase?

7. Can't Start server (Internal NT Error 2140) HELP!

8. Programmation

9. error 2140 internal windows Nt error when trying to start OracleOraHomeManagementServer serice

10. Error 2140 : an internal Windows NT error occured

11. Error 2502 - INTERNAL USE ONLY - Internal error (SRV INE)

12. NT internal error after master log file moved

13. Could not start the MSSQLServer service error 2140 internal Windows NT