SQL Server 7.0 on XP Pro

Post by K » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 13:24:06

Hi. I am trying to install the Client tools on my laptop
which is running Windows XP Professional. Everything goes
fine until the dialog say, "Connecting to server". It
times out and says to refer to the log. Here is the last
log entry -

2002-01-12 09:53:27.72 kernel   SQL Server is terminating
due to 'stop' request from Service Control Manager.

The dialog also says to refer to "cnfgsvr.out". Here are
the entries in that file -

Starting Service ...
Connecting to Server ...
driver={sql server};server=.;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired
driver={sql server};server=.;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired
driver={sql
server};server=KDN1;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired
SQL Server configuration failed.

Does anyone know of any compatibility issues on XP Pro? I
have searched for documentation to no avail. Your help is
appreciated. Thank you!

Ken

SQL Server 7.0 on XP Pro

Post by yan wang [M » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 18:45:44

Hi,
You may check if any client net-library for SQL 7.0 has been enabled on
WinXP.
--------------------------
To change the default network library, go to the following registry key:

   HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\Client\ConnectTo

and add a value of type string named DSQUERY. You can change the network
library
using the values in the following list:

 - TCP/IP: DBMSSOCN

 - Named Pipes: DBNMPNTW

 - Multiprotocol (RPC): DBMSRPCN

 - NWLink IPX/SPX: DBMSSPXN

 - AppleTalk: DBMSADSN

 - Banyan VINES: DBMSVINN

You may refer to  Q250550 (HOWTO: Change SQL Server Default Network Library
Without Using Client  Network Utility ) for detailed information.
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;q250550

Regards,
Yan
***This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no
rights.*****

1. SQL Server 7.0 on XP Pro

I am currently running the enterprise version of SQL Server 7.0 on my laptop
under Windows 2000 server. I am getting a new laptop and I am wondering
whether I can install the enterprise SQL Server version under XP Pro?

The desktop version will not work for me because I need the import and
export features.
Thanks

2. Kill ildle users ?

3. sql server 7.0 on XP Pro

4. Print to File? v4.02 Win98

5. SQL Server 7.0 on XP Pro?

6. How can I Create/Replace Trigger in one statement

7. MS SQL Server 7.0 and Win XP Pro?

8. table/view datatype mismatch

9. Installing SQL Server 7.0 desktop version on Windows XP Pro

10. Setting up SQL server 7.0 in Windows XP Pro

11. SQL Server 7.0 on NT Server to SQL Server 7.0 on win2k Pro