OLAP Administrators group not visible in User Manager for Domains

OLAP Administrators group not visible in User Manager for Domains

Post by mclo.. » Mon, 13 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi All,

I've been banging my head against a wall on this one.  I have two SQL
Server boxes here at work and I can only connect to the OLAP Manager
under the Administrator account.  I'm pretty sure that this is because
SQL Server and OLAP Services were both installed under the
Administrator account.  When I started looking through the knowledge
base, I read something about the OLAP Administrators group.  When I
went into user manager for domains, I saw no such group.

Puzzling.

Even more puzzling because when I checked to make sure that the
directory C:\Program Files\OLAP Services\bin was shared, I found that
it was indeed shared, and the only rights were assigned to the OLAP
Administrators group!!  Which begs the question: "WHAT OLAP
ADMINISTRATORS GROUP??"

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  I'm extremely frustrated,
especially since I have another SQL Server at a different location that
does have the OLAP Administrators group visible in the User Manager.  I
have tried uninstalling OLAP, reinstalling, rebooting, installing SP2
for OLAP, still no dice.  Please help, it will add years to my life.

Cheers,

-m

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

OLAP Administrators group not visible in User Manager for Domains

Post by pc.. » Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:00:00

That is odd.  Have you tried to manually create the OLAP Administrators
group?  And then place yourself in it.
Peter Cwik

> Hi All,

> I've been banging my head against a wall on this one.  I have two SQL
> Server boxes here at work and I can only connect to the OLAP Manager
> under the Administrator account.  I'm pretty sure that this is because
> SQL Server and OLAP Services were both installed under the
> Administrator account.  When I started looking through the knowledge
> base, I read something about the OLAP Administrators group.  When I
> went into user manager for domains, I saw no such group.

> Puzzling.

> Even more puzzling because when I checked to make sure that the
> directory C:\Program Files\OLAP Services\bin was shared, I found that
> it was indeed shared, and the only rights were assigned to the OLAP
> Administrators group!!  Which begs the question: "WHAT OLAP
> ADMINISTRATORS GROUP??"

> Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  I'm extremely frustrated,
> especially since I have another SQL Server at a different location
that
> does have the OLAP Administrators group visible in the User Manager.
> have tried uninstalling OLAP, reinstalling, rebooting, installing SP2
> for OLAP, still no dice.  Please help, it will add years to my life.

> Cheers,

> -m

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

OLAP Administrators group not visible in User Manager for Domains

Post by ashom.. » Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi!!!

When you looked for the OLAP Administrators group in the user manager
for domains - did you specify in which server machine within the domain
you're looking for it???
It's very important for you to know, that the OLAP Administrators is a
***LOCAL*** NT group, which means it's created locally, on the server
in which you install the OLAP Server.
Also, you ***MUST*** make sure that your server machine isn't a PDC
(Primary Domain Controller): MS say they don't support OLAP installed
on a PDC or BDC, which means your OLAP NT machine should be a regular
member of the NT Domain. If your OLAP NT machine is a PDC, it can
explain why you didn't see the local OLAP Administrators group.

I recommend that you check the PDC Vs. domain member issue thoroughly
and make the necessary adjustments.

Then (i.e. after you found the OLAP Administrators), you can add as
many users to this group, in order to allow users other than
Administrator to manage the OLAP Server.

HTH

Adar Shomron
Panorama Software Systems Ltd.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Not all users visible in Enterprise Manager

Hi everyone,

   we have a very puzzling symptom that we don't find the cause (and
cure) for.  We have three users administrating our database, each one
with their own user account on the database.  Although they belong to
the same roles and have the same permissions, only one of them
(funnily enough, the first one in theri alphabetic ordering) sees all
users and can create new ones, the other two only have partial
information.

   Has anybody encountered such a problem and found an appropriate
solution?

Thanks,
  Konrad Neuwirth

2. Cann't create table???(Orcale 7.3.4.0)!!Please Help!

3. SQL Server 7, Restored Database, Users not visible in enterprise manager

4. Missouri-Oracle Financials/Manufacturing Programmer/Analyst

5. Not all users visible in Enterprise Manager

6. named instance is only option after failed 1st install

7. Restore of OLAP administrator user group

8. ADO data binding at runtime

9. User must be in OLAP Administrators group (?!)

10. OLAP ADMINISTRATOR USER GROUP

11. you're not member of the olap administrator's group

12. you are not a member of OLAP Administrators group on this server

13. OLAP Administrators group does not appear