Maximum number of tables?

Post by Mike Rozenblyu » Sun, 15 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hello!

I am faced with a database design dilemma. According to my
most optimized design I would require a huge amount (1 million+)
of tables. My question is: is it acceptable to have a large
number of tables? And how well will the database handle this?

Thank you VERY much in advance for your time.

P.S. Please specify the database you are talking about. Thanks.

Maximum number of tables?

Post by Mike Rozenblyu » Sun, 15 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hello!

I am faced with a database design dilemma. According to my
most optimized design I would require a huge amount (1 million+)
of tables. My question is: is it acceptable to have a large
number of tables? And how well will the database handle this?

Thank you VERY much in advance for your time.

P.S. Please specify the database you are talking about. Thanks.

Maximum number of tables?

Post by tpcarme » Mon, 16 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello!

>I am faced with a database design dilemma. According to my
>most optimized design I would require a huge amount (1 million+)
>of tables. My question is: is it acceptable to have a large
>number of tables? And how well will the database handle this?

It's unlikely that you actually require a million tables, unless you
have a million different types of entities,

If you want to post some information about it, I'm sure at some of us
would be happy to take a look at it.

Terry

--------------------

Terry Carmen
Meadowbrook Software

NOTE TO SPAMMERS:
BAD THINGS will happen to any site that sends me email spam.

Maximum number of tables?

Post by 103701.1.. » Tue, 17 Jun 1997 04:00:00

A miilion tables has to be an exaggeration.  But SQL can handle it

On Sun, 15 Jun 1997 18:05:41 GMT,

>>Hello!

>>I am faced with a database design dilemma. According to my
>>most optimized design I would require a huge amount (1 million+)
>>of tables. My question is: is it acceptable to have a large
>>number of tables? And how well will the database handle this?

>It's unlikely that you actually require a million tables, unless you
>have a million different types of entities,

>If you want to post some information about it, I'm sure at some of us
>would be happy to take a look at it.

>Terry

>--------------------

>Terry Carmen
>Meadowbrook Software

>NOTE TO SPAMMERS:
>BAD THINGS will happen to any site that sends me email spam.

1. Maximum number of tables?

Hello!

I am faced with a database design dilemma. According to my
most optimized design I would require a huge amount (1 million+)
of tables. My question is: is it acceptable to have a large
number of tables? And how well will the database handle this?

Thank you VERY much in advance for your time.

P.S. Please specify the database you are talking about. Thanks.

2. Exiting a sql script

3. Maximum number of Tables

4. Transaction with many insert - how can be better ?

5. System Error 4414 (Exceeded maximum number of tables in a query)

6. US-CA-SF-LA--Post-Sales Consultant for a Relational Database Co. OLAP, Unix

7. Maximum number of tables.Articles for Merge Replication

8. Representing a One-to-Many relationship in one row

9. Maximum number of tables in a query (16) exceeded

10. Maximum number of tables?