Trying to import logical files from the AS400 into SQL 7

Trying to import logical files from the AS400 into SQL 7

Post by Melani » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm new to SQL 7 and I have a problem viewing logical files from the AS400.  When I try to import data into SQL from the AS400 it sees all the physical files fine but just can't see the logicals which are in the same library.

I there anywhere I can tell it to retrieve not only physical files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Melania

Trying to import logical files from the AS400 into SQL 7

Post by Mannin » Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Melania

I haven't dealt with this particular problem, but I have dealt with
similar ones in SAP. The possible problem is that the logical tables are
a proprietory structure (SQL recognises tables, views and synonyms, but
not anything else). The table exists within the AS400 environment,
because it has the custom code to recognise it, but the table cannot be
recognised via SQL from some external DB as it only exists in AS400
software.

The only solution I found with my SAP problem (and possibly your
problem) was to express the tables physically (write them to somewhere
on the disk).

Hope this helps,

Cheers
Manning

--
*****************
Manning Bartlett

Trying to import logical files from the AS400 into SQL 7

Post by Trevor Dwye » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi Melinia,

How are you connecting to the AS400 - are you using ODBC, OLEDB? If so whose
drivers are you using?

Best Regards

Trevor Dwyer - SQL Server MVP

Hi,

I'm new to SQL 7 and I have a problem viewing logical files from the AS400.
When I try to import data into SQL from the AS400 it sees all the physical
files fine but just can't see the logicals which are in the same library.

I there anywhere I can tell it to retrieve not only physical files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Melania

1. Trying to import logical files from AS400 into SQL7

Hi,

I'm new to SQL 7 and I have a problem viewing logical files from the AS400.  When I try to import data into SQL from the AS400 it sees all the physical files fine but just can't see the logicals which are in the same library.

I there anywhere I can tell it to retrieve not only physical files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Melania

2. Equally Join?

3. Importing physical and logical files from the AS400 to SQL7

4. WWW class library for Motif NewEra

5. *** HELP - I can't see or import AS400 logical files into SQL7 ****

6. DSO.Server.Connect() using SQL Login?

7. Importing Data from an AS400 file into SQL Server 2000

8. bulkload repeating element problem

9. trying to import tsv file into Sql Server 6.5

10. Import file from AS400

11. Trying to use active x script to import a flat file

12. GB when trying to import .MDB file after installing Office 2000

13. Enterprise Manager locks up when trying to import file