Replicate Database Schema Changes to multiple databases

Replicate Database Schema Changes to multiple databases

Post by Brian Roberd » Sat, 27 Jul 2002 03:04:56

I have 3 databases that run off of the same code but for different
departments... i would like to have a master database which I can add a
field and have the field that was added to a table be added to the same
table in all 3 production databases automatically.

Is this possible using the replication services? Or is there some other way
SQL Server can do this

Version: SQL Server 2000
OS: Windows 2000 Server

Replicate Database Schema Changes to multiple databases

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Sat, 27 Jul 2002 12:29:31

SQL Server 2000 replication has limited support for replicating schema
changes. So, you can use replication, but do read Books Online to learn what
you can and can not do with replication.

You could also automate this using your own scripts.
--
HTH,
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)

http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

Quote:> I have 3 databases that run off of the same code but for different