moving SQL Server from NT4(Domain) to Win2K Box(New Domain)

moving SQL Server from NT4(Domain) to Win2K Box(New Domain)

Post by NetGoof » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:30:09

Is there a whitepaper, or resource for guidelines for
moving a sql server from an nt4 box (old domain) to a new
win2k box (new domain), any help is appreciated....

Netgoofy

1. SQL Server 2000 moving from NT Domain to AD Domain

Hello,
Currently we are running SQL Server 2000 on a Windows 2000 server that is a
member server of a NT Domain.  We are planning to move to Active Directory
and are concerned we may have to either reinstall SQL Server 2000 or deal
with serious service reconfiguration issues.

From researching this and other newsgroups-as well as discussing this with
others-so far it seems there may be an issue if we configured our SQL Server
services to run as NTDOMAIN\userAccount and the move to an AD Domain would
require the services to be reconfigured as ADDOMAIN\userAccount.

Are there any 'gotchas' we should consider before moving our 2000 Servers to
an AD domain?  Is there a 'Best Practices' or 'How To' white paper
discussing this as it relates to SQL Server?

Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Ryan N.

2. SQL Data types

3. Move SQL 7 server from NT domain to Windows 2000 domain

4. ADO topic: SAFE_ARRAY and SQl_VARIANT

5. Move my SQL 7 Server from one domain to a different domain

6. Script to run anothers

7. Transferring SQL from NT domain to Win2K domain

8. 11.5.9 release of FAQ... released

9. NT4 Server, SQL7 member - recreate on W2K, SQL new W2K Domain

10. Moving SQL 7 server to new domain.

11. Moving SQL Server host into a new domain

12. Moving SQL Server 6.5 to new NT Domain

13. Move SQL Server to a new domain