Default Result Set versus Server Cursors from Stored Procedures

Post by Kare » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 00:43:30

I am using SQL Server 7.0 with ODBC.

I'd like to know if I call a stored procedure from C++
does it return the results set by default unless I specify
to user server cursors or vice versa?

Thanks

Karen

Post by Bob Pfeiff [MS » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 02:44:46

The default is forward only/read only.

--
Bob
Microsoft Consulting Services

1. returning result sets/cursors from a stored procedure

Everything I have seen to date seems to indicate that it is not possible
to return a handle/cursor to a result set from a procedure written in
Java. Is this true? Target environment of interest is DB2 UDB.

Note: using techniques similar to the pre-7.3 ORACLE PL/SQL approach to
faking out returning rows is not appropriate for my application.

  Nigel.Campbell.vcf
< 1K Download

2. Move SQL Server to another machine

3. execute stored procedure for each record in a result set without cursor

4. Dimension Nightmare!!!!!

5. Passing cursor/result set to extended stored procedure

6. BCP Insert Question

7. Stored Procedure Cursors result set

8. Screen position in Visual 3.0

9. Declare CURSOR on stored procedure result set

10. Declare a cursor from a stored procedure result set

11. Passing a result set from one stored procedure to another stored procedure

12. SQL Server stored procedure result sets

13. VBScript in DTS versus Cursors in Stored Procedure