Multiple query lock-ups

Post by Allen Brunso » Thu, 26 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hello --

I am writing a C++ app that opens two connections to SQL server; there is
never more than one active statement on either connection.  The connections
are used from two different threads.  Both connections are adding rows to
the same table but taking input from different sources.

The problem is that either connection works fine by itself, but when I try
to use both simultaneously then the program cracks up.  Sometimes the
de* shows that my threads are hung waiting on a critical section
(deadlock), sometimes it is an access violation somewhere inside ODBC.

I am using Visual C++ 5.0 Enterprise Edition, WinNT 4.0 SP3, SQL Server 6.5
SP2, SQL Server ODBC driver 2.65.0240.

If somebody suggests getting newer files, could you please also give me the
URL to the Microsoft site?  I have a really hard time finding stuff there.

Thanks,
Allen

1. creating multiple incremental b'ups

is it possible to create multiple incremental b'ups in the SQL EM for 2 different
databases?   I want to create 2 incrementals to execute at noon time everyday.
Will one execute after the other is completed?  I only have 1 tape drive.

Thanks

2. Raw Disk for Tablespace datafile on HP-UX 10.20

3. Version 6.5 lock ups...........

4. Exporting to Oracle from Lotus Notes

5. SQL server lock ups

6. NY - UNIX SYS ADMIN - SUN - IMMEDIATE

7. System lock-ups

8. Performance problem - Upgrade from 4.0 to 5.03 SE

9. MS SQL6.5 Lock ups

10. Problem with Sybase and PowerBuilder (Lock-ups!)

11. 4.5 & Novell lock-ups

12. P4W 5.0: Keyboard/Mouse Partial Lock-ups

13. Paradox 4.5 Dos - Multi User Lock ups