CMD EXEC task - process Exit code

Post by HSali » Sun, 01 Jul 2001 01:14:23

Good Morning All:
I am using a CMD file to run robocopy

Robocopy has 16 different error levels - depending on how the files were
copied
Depending on the errorlevel, I'd like to send an email
How do I set the return code of an Execute Process task to mirror the
errorlevel reported by robocopy.
Alternatively, I am thinking of using a vbscript/WSH task - any ideas ?

Regards
Habib

1. setting Process exit codes in CMD file

Steve,
I tried your suggestion for setting the doserror leve but it doesn't seem
to work.  I run this batch and it always returns 0. I assumed that it
should send back the 1. Does anything look wrong to you?

   rem (execute a program which returns an errorlevel of 0 or 1)
isql -Usa -P -Q" EXIT(select 1) "  /oc:\newtest.out
   if errorlevel 0 goto ZERO
   if errorlevel 1 goto ONE
   goto END
   :ZERO
     echo a Zero was returned!
     goto END
   :ONE
     echo a One was returned!
   :END

2. Online redo log files

3. HELP Cmd Exec Tasks fail for non SA!!!

4. Ingres 6.4/04 and RAID - do they work O.K.

5. SQL Exec /Cmd Exec Fails

6. MDX - calcuat with calcuated member

7. Exec Process task error

8. >2GB of RAM

9. Exec sp from Execute Process task

10. DTSRun Process exit code 15?

11. Process exited with return code 126: /bin/sh /bin/sh -c /usr/informix

12. documenting TSQL code from DTS exec SQL tasks?