Issues with the SQL Enterprise GUI

Post by j_books24x.. » Sat, 05 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I've been having this reoccuring problem with the SQL Enterprise
Interface to my SQL Server db's, whenever I try to do anything on a
reasonably sized table, it times out on me.

Is there a way I can have it do what I tell it to without resorting to
writing code.  I mean I've been writing code to open the odbc connection
and empty the table because I can't get "Enterprise Manager" to do it,
it always whines about time outs.

I just want a way to tell it to be patient, I REALLY doubt I'm alone in
this, my tables aren't more than a million rows.  I swear I'm about
about to put a .40 caliber hole in the NT box so any help would be
appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Issues with the SQL Enterprise GUI

Post by cert. Develope » Mon, 07 Feb 2000 04:00:00

basically set the control.commandtimeout = 0
this will set the timeout to infinate..

Quote:> I've been having this reoccuring problem with the SQL Enterprise