transaction log filling up and transaction replication

transaction log filling up and transaction replication

Post by Geoff Van Haere » Sun, 08 Jul 2001 01:18:38

Our transaction log is filling up on the server being replicated to
(subscriber). We tried to backup the db, but it never seems to reach a
checkpoint. I was able to truncate the log, but of course that hosed
replication. What is the strategy for preventing the log from filling up.
Right now we have the db and log set to grow.

Thoughts,
Geoffrey

transaction log filling up and transaction replication

Post by TSVK » Sun, 08 Jul 2001 06:16:40

Truncating the log cannot hose replication.  Truncation will not happen
beyond the point of oldest transaction waiting to be replication.
Periodic backup should help you.  Also if you have replication try to
increase the replication logreader frequency or identify any bottlenecks in
replication logreader functioning.

Quote:> Our transaction log is filling up on the server being replicated to