How to convert flat file data into SQLSERVER 6.5

How to convert flat file data into SQLSERVER 6.5

Post by Ravi Kumar Kothyal » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

hai everybody,
 i am new to sql server. but i had an urgent requirement. i.e converting
flat file data to SQL SERVER 6.5. step  by step explanation will be
gratly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
regards,
--Ravi Kumar Kothyala

How to convert flat file data into SQLSERVER 6.5

Post by Neil Pik » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Ravi - look up the BCP command in the manual

Quote:>  i am new to sql server. but i had an urgent requirement. i.e converting
> flat file data to SQL SERVER 6.5. step  by step explanation will be
> gratly appreciated.

 (Please reply only to the newsgroup unless indicated otherwise)
 For SQL FAQ entries see
 sqlfaq.zip in http://go.compuserve.com/sqlserver.  Download from lib 1.
 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (download as part of ntfaq)
 or http://www.swynk.com/faq/sql/sqls

1. Bulk Copying Data from Flat file to SQL Server 6.5

Hi,

I need help using the BCP utility. I can using the VBSQL.OCX in VB6 to
bulk copy a flat file to my sql server 6.5. The only problem I'm
having is that when bulk copy is run it clears out the destination
table (on the server) and then inserts the data in the flat file. Can
someone explain why is that and how do I get around this problem? How
come MS-Docs don't mention this behavior?

Also, can I use SQL-DMO with my server (6.5)? If you guys hav any
examples that would really help me.

Thanks in advance,
Farhan.

2. Available

3. convert flat-file data to relational

4. 9 Volt - The greatest electronic band ever!! - http://www.smart.net/~kkvech/index.html

5. Accessing Flat files through DTS Flat File OLE DB Provider

6. Enough resources ?

7. flat file import into SQL Server 6.5 table

8. do u know where can i find more about ADO? thx

9. Import flat file in SQL 6.5

10. Restore / Rebuild SQL 6.5 Database from Flat File Backup

11. How to convert from SQLServer 6.5

12. Convert a database from SqlServer 6.5 to 7.0

13. Converting databases from SQLServer 6.5 to 7