SQL Server 6.5 and Oracle 7.3

Post by rosario » Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:00:00

O/S:    NT 4.0 sp 4
RDBMS:    1 SQL Server 6.5 sp5 and the other ORACLE 7.3

Problem:    I need to find solution to update tables in ORACLE from a
stored procedure in SQL Server.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!!

Mark Rosario

SQL Server 6.5 and Oracle 7.3

Post by Neil Pik » Sat, 20 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Mark,

 With SQL 7 this is easy.  With SQL 6.5 you'll need to write your own extended
stored-procedure that makes all the relevant Oracle calls.

 > O/S:    NT 4.0 sp 4

Quote:> RDBMS:    1 SQL Server 6.5 sp5 and the other ORACLE 7.3

> Problem:    I need to find solution to update tables in ORACLE from a
> stored procedure in SQL Server.

 (Please post ALL replies to the newsgroup only unless indicated otherwise)
 For SQL FAQ entries see
 http://go.compuserve.com/sqlserver (library 1) - latest stuff is always here
 www.ntfaq.com/sql.html
 http://www.swynk.com/faq/sql/sqlserverfaq.asp

1. Data Migration from SQL Server 6.5 to Oracle 7.3

Hi everybody,

Would you please suggest an eficient tool for migrating data
from Sql Server 6.5 to Oracle 7.3? I have a critical application
on my hands for data migration. I did migration from access to
Sql Server and from files to Oracle. But, i have not come across
any tool for migrating from a sql server to Oracle. Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Venkat Atluri.

2. VB Tree problem.

3. How can I communicate between MS SQL Server 6.5 and Oracle 7.3?

4. ODBC Performance

5. SQL Server 6.5 ODBC Replication to Oracle 7.3

6. Installation question

7. Oracle 7.3 conversion to SQL Server 6.5

8. Command Button Caption rename

9. oracle 7.3 conversion to sql server 6.5

10. Database migration for ORACLE 7.3,SYBASE 11.0.2 and SQL Server 6.5

11. Migrating Oracle 7.3 to MSSQL Server 6.5

12. SQL 6.5 with Oracle 7.3?