Does Service Pack 3 Have To Be Installed On The Client Computers?

Post by mike » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:23:43

Does Service Pack 3 Have To Be Installed On The Client Computers?
Not sure if it is necessary to install service pack 3 on all clients
computers (and not just on the Server).

Thank you

mike

Does Service Pack 3 Have To Be Installed On The Client Computers?

Post by Tibor Karasz » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:31:31

No.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP

> Does Service Pack 3 Have To Be Installed On The Client Computers?
> Not sure if it is necessary to install service pack 3 on all clients
> computers (and not just on the Server).

> Thank you

> mike

Does Service Pack 3 Have To Be Installed On The Client Computers?

Post by Chris Woo » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:58:28

Mike,

SP3 does have updates for the client especially MDAC. We might try and
install on some clients before the server.

Chris Wood
Alberta Department of Energy
CANADA

Quote:> Does Service Pack 3 Have To Be Installed On The Client Computers?
> Not sure if it is necessary to install service pack 3 on all clients
> computers (and not just on the Server).

> Thank you

> mike

Does Service Pack 3 Have To Be Installed On The Client Computers?

Post by Richard Waymire [MS » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 06:48:55

Not for the current issue, however, there are several tools updates in SP3
and you should eventually update your clients.  Additionally see the SP3
readme.txt for notes on specific functionality available only when you've
upgraded your clients to SP3.

--
Richard Waymire, MCSE, MCDBA

Quote:> Does Service Pack 3 Have To Be Installed On The Client Computers?
> Not sure if it is necessary to install service pack 3 on all clients
> computers (and not just on the Server).

> Thank you

> mike

Does Service Pack 3 Have To Be Installed On The Client Computers?

Post by mike » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 22:55:56

Thank you Chris, I appreciate it.
mike