sort order

Post by malcol » Sat, 08 Sep 2001 17:02:03

I need to change the sort order of a database to case
insensitive, currently case sensitive.

has anyone any ideas on how to do this without
reinstalling sql server 7 sp3

cheers

malcolm

sort order

Post by Simon Lidber » Sat, 08 Sep 2001 17:53:01

That is unfortunately not possible. You need to extract your data using
either bcp or DTS then you need to rebuild your server create the database
and import the data again.

If you are using SQL 2000 you would be able to do it without
reinstalling/rebuilding.

Best Regards
Simon Lidberg
Microsoft Sweden

Quote:> I need to change the sort order of a database to case
> insensitive, currently case sensitive.

> has anyone any ideas on how to do this without
> reinstalling sql server 7 sp3

> cheers

> malcolm

sort order

Post by malcol » Sat, 08 Sep 2001 19:38:29

Hi I believe it is possible following

Sql books online use index tab
search for sort order
select modifying
follow these instructions and you can modify the case
sensitivity of the master dbase
One of the main drawbacks is that the security logons are
deleted and you have to recreate them.

However you can write a script to do this

What do you think

Malcolm

in message

>> I need to change the sort order of a database to case
>> insensitive, currently case sensitive.

>> has anyone any ideas on how to do this without
>> reinstalling sql server 7 sp3

>> cheers

>> malcolm

>.

1. Converting a database from dictionary case insensitive sort order to binary sort order

I have a database with dictionary case insensitive sort order in SQL server
7.0.

Now i need to convert that database into SQL Server 2000 with binary sort
order.

Can you please give me a best method of doing this.

FYI

I used DTS no use

I used copy database but no use

The database has 4000 tables.

Raju

2. Oracle Apps Alerts

3. What does 'cschedspins' refer to? I'm new to SQL Server

4. Set Datasource of an Dimension - VB-Script/JScript

5. PowerBuilder 6.5 and Times

6. Oracle sort order on HP-UX versur Windows sort order

7. ORDER BY upper case first in alphabetical sort order

8. How to sort order in SELECT by ascending/descending order for MS SQL

9. data in sorted order in table without order by clause