Bulk Insert Error

Post by Stan Sainte-Ros » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 20:19:03

Hi,

I use the Bulk Insert into a stored procedure.
How to handle the error if it fails ?

Thanks
Stan

Bulk Insert Error

Post by Erland Sommarsk » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 20:30:12

>I use the Bulk Insert into a stored procedure.
>How to handle the error if it fails ?

changes value after each statement, so you capture it in a local
variable before anything else.

--

1. BULK INSERT error hlp?!?

Hi all - I'm trying to use BULK INSERT in Query Analyzer to get FTP data
into a table.  I've created a very simple table, data file and format file
to test the BULK INSERT command:

BULK INSERT [MJB08 Wholesale]..[BCP_Test] FROM 'd:\bcp_test.dat'
WITH (FORMATFILE = 'd:\bcp_test.fmt')

I'm connecting to SQL Server 7 with admin rights and d: is a local drive.  I
can't shake the following error message:

Server: Msg 4861, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Could not bulk insert because file 'd:\bcp_test.dat' could not be opened.
Operating system error code 21(The device is not ready.).

I've tried putting the data and format files on various drives, including a
server drive and specifying the _complete_ path but I still get the same
error.  Can someone please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks,
Mike

2. migrating from Notes to Oracle

3. Bulk Insert Error

4. LIKE comparisons

5. Bulk Insert Error Trapping?

6. Wanted: Oracle Software Application Field Engineer(NJ)

7. BCP and BULK INSERT Error

8. 4GL Newbie seeks report help

9. Bulk Insert Error

10. How to catch Bulk insert error