Sending a message to an application through its database connection

Sending a message to an application through its database connection

Post by William Dalto » Fri, 02 Mar 2001 04:01:34

Hi
    Can anyone tell me how to send a message to a client throught there
database connection.  I know that you can do this with Enterprise manager
SQL Server 7.0.
I could not find a system stored procedure to do this.
Is there one , if not is there another way to do this programatically.

Thanks in advance
-W-

Sending a message to an application through its database connection

Post by James T. Stanle » Fri, 02 Mar 2001 04:10:14

You could raise an error with RAISERROR.

Quote:> Hi
>     Can anyone tell me how to send a message to a client throught there
> database connection.  I know that you can do this with Enterprise manager
> SQL Server 7.0.
> I could not find a system stored procedure to do this.
> Is there one , if not is there another way to do this programatically.

> Thanks in advance
> -W-

1. Sending messages to application using sockets

My Sytem: Windows NT 4.0 Server (SP5), SQL - Server 7.0 (SP1)

I want to send a message to my application if my data changes in my tables
using socket-communication. My idea is to use triggers on my tables who
watch inserts, deletes or updates.

Is it possible for the SQL Server to send a message using sockets when the
trigger is executed?

2. US-TX-DBA

3. SQL Server send a message to VB application ?

4. Can I pass a parameter to Trigger

5. Help! windows messages sending messages to winamp player

6. OoT: Suche Provider mit Oracle und Servletsunterst├╝tzung!

7. Net send message when connecting to a database

8. Repeated Queries using IIOpenAPI

9. Send Email messages to Database table!!!!

10. send email from database applications

11. Sending Data across different Database connections

12. How to open secured database through ODBC without sending UID and PWD in connection string

13. Send name & password to connection of database