insert data from one field in one table to another field in another table

insert data from one field in one table to another field in another table

Post by Dave Cartledg » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 20:48:54

I have 8500 records in a table called items which has a
field called itemlookupcode.
I have another table called alias which has a field called
alias.
I need to replace the itemlookupcode data with the alias
data.
There is a join between the 2 tables on ID
Does anybody know how this is done Please

insert data from one field in one table to another field in another table

Post by BP Margoli » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:20:16

Dave,

Please post (simplified) table schemas (CREATE TABLEs), sample data
(INSERTs), and the results you want using the sample data.

BP Margolin
Please reply only to the newsgroups.

Quote:> I have 8500 records in a table called items which has a