restoring published database to a new server

restoring published database to a new server

Post by robert drake » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 03:37:25

I am currently running sql server 7.0 service pak 3.
For disaster recovery I need to restore the databases on
new server. I am able to restore master and msdb from the
production server backup files. When I attempt to restore
a user published database I get an error message that
states the database cannot be restored because it is
published. I do not want to drop the subscriber(s) because
the new server is on the network and will affect the
production subscriber(s).  Nor did I restore the
distribution database from the backup file.  How can I
manually disable or alter master to not tag the database
as a published database and drop the distribution database
cleanly ?

Sincerely
Robert

Post by Robert Drake » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 05:00:14

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I am currently running sql server 7.0 service pak 3.
>For disaster recovery I need to restore the databases on
>new server. I am able to restore master and msdb from the
>production server backup files. When I attempt to restore
>a user published database I get an error message that
>states the database cannot be restored because it is
>published. I do not want to drop the subscriber(s)
because
>the new server is on the network and will affect the
>production subscriber(s).  Nor did I restore the
>distribution database from the backup file.  How can I
>manually disable or alter master to not tag the database
>as a published database and drop the distribution
database
>cleanly ?

>Sincerely
>Robert
>.
>the error message is cannot drop database % as it is

published for replication.  I also found an article that
recommended the column in sysobjects - replinfo be updated
from 1 to 0 ?

1. Restoring published database to a new server.

I am currently running sql server 7.0 service pak 3.
For disaster recovery I need to restore the databases on
new server. I am able to restore master and msdb from the
production server backup files. When I attempt to restore
a user published database I get an error message that
states the database cannot be restored because it is
published. I do not want to drop the subscriber(s) because
the new server is on the network and will affect the
production subscriber(s).  Nor did I restore the
distribution database from the backup file.  How can I
manually disable or alter master to not tag the database
as a published database and drop the distribution database
cleanly ?

I found an article recommended updating category in the
sysdatabase table.

2. CICA???

3. Restoring a published database to a non- published database

4. Solaris on Intel

5. Restoring a published database into SQL Server 2000

6. what do we do about login?

7. Implicit Conversion

8. restore to new database to new server

9. Restoring a database, fails with database not published

10. Problem Restoring an SQL 7.0 database to SQL 2000 - Database Not Published

11. Restoring a database published for replication