SP2 - IIS & SQL Connection problem

Post by Mike Tissingto » Wed, 10 May 2000 04:00:00

I've developing an ASP application that connects to the (local) database.
This WAS working.

After upgrading to SP2 of SQL 7 I am now unable to connect - I'm getting
Login Failed error message for every use that I try, sa, IUSR_MACHINE, etc
etc

No setting were changed on IIS prior to applying SP2 ...

What is happening please?

--
Mike Tissington, MCSD, MCDBA
Shimmering Water

SP2 - IIS & SQL Connection problem

Post by rwb » Fri, 12 May 2000 04:00:00

Mike,

Check to see if IIS isn't trying to connect to SQL by impersonating. You can
check the SQL log, if you see a connection with "\" then IIS is
impersonating and SQL doesn't allow anonymous connections.

Robert

>I've developing an ASP application that connects to the (local) database.
>This WAS working.

>After upgrading to SP2 of SQL 7 I am now unable to connect - I'm getting
>Login Failed error message for every use that I try, sa, IUSR_MACHINE, etc
>etc

>No setting were changed on IIS prior to applying SP2 ...

>What is happening please?

>--
>Mike Tissington, MCSD, MCDBA
>Shimmering Water
>http://oaklodge.com

1. sql 2000 iis 5 ado database connection problem -- connections slow

Hello everyone.  We're having a sporadic problem with our web application.
We have a test server set up with sql 2000 and iis 5 on 2000 server running
our web app.  After doing some things in the application (it doesn't seem to
matter which things) any link that runs a query will be really slow (8-15
seconds).  When I look at the queries through profiler it appears that what
is slowing me down is the disconnection of sql connections.  For instance in
the profiler I will have:  audit logout 10000ms.  Has anyone seen this
behavior before?  Any ideas?

PS - I saw the KB article about problems when connecting with ip -- we are
connecting with the host name.

2. Sort by date doesn't work

3. SP2 & IIS

4. DAO.Database: 2004 Out of Memory

5. SQL 2000 SP2 - Mail - Connection Problem

6. NJ/NYC - DB Administrators (Sybase, Oracle, DB2, Informix) needed now

7. SQL 7 - IIS ASP IUSR connection problems....

8. Win2000, IIS, , sql 2000, trusted connection problem - help

9. ODBC busy connection problems with IIS 3.0 and SQL Server 6.5

10. SQL 7.0 / IIS 5.0 connection problem

11. SQL 7 SP2 & 3 Installation Problems