sql_cmd TextCopy 64K limitation?

Post by Vikrant V Dalwale [M » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:05:01

Hello Dean,

The 'TextCopy' example that is included in the SQL CD
samples under DBLIB subdirectory, gives an example how Text Data can be
used
with DBLIB applications.  This is just a sample DB-LIB application which is
not supported my Microsoft.

You can modify the code provided to cater your needs and then build the
TEXTCOPY exe.

The example mentions that the following code can be used to set the
DBTEXTLIMIT / DBTEXTSIZE values:

dbsetopt (pDbproc, DBTEXTLIMIT, strChunkSize);
dbsetopt (pDbproc, DBTEXTSIZE, "2147483647");

Please change these values as per your DOC size and let us know if that
resolved your issue.,

Thanks,

Vikrant Dalwale

Microsoft SQL Server Support Professional

Get secure ! For info, please visit http://www.microsoft.com/security.
Please reply to Newsgroups only.

--------------------

>Subject: sql_cmd TextCopy  64K limitation?
>Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 06:20:30 -0700

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

>I am using the procedure sql_cmd to run a DOS/SQL Server
>command called textcopy.  This command reads in an entire
>command system file, in my case a '.rtf' into a text field
>in a specified table.  After inserting the file into the
>text field I can no longer open the text in MS Word.  The
>file begins to convert and then an error results.   It
>appears that only 64K of the file can be read back out
>after the insert.  Do any of you have any suggestions?  I
>have tried different 'chunk sizes' but no luck.

1. 64K string limitation problem

I am trying to store GIF images in Sybase by sending the images as part
of an update command.  Basically, the images will be passed as a
parameter in a string variable that will be part of the SQL.  However,
some images will be larger than the 64K string size limit for VB.  Any
ideas how I might get around this problem?

2. Date format in HFlexGrid

3. New Era and 64K windows seg-size limitation

4. Comments on DataBOSS database

5. TEXTCOPY -ERROR

6. Differential Backup for experts

7. textcopy via cmd verse in c++ WinExec or CreateProcess

8. How do I calculate the amount of disk space needed for a Query of data?

9. TEXTCOPY and Images

10. Image data(textcopy) and Tx processing(two-phase)

11. Textcopy - Get Chunk Image To File Problem

12. "textcopy" Multiple Images

13. TextCopy.cpp, does size count?