MDAC 2.5 and MDAC 2.6

Post by idgte » Sat, 25 Aug 2001 00:02:53

Is it absolutely necessary that I use MDAC 2.6 to connect to a SQL Server
2000 installation or can I use MDAC 2.5 if I am not using a named instance?

Thanks in advance

IdgTek

MDAC 2.5 and MDAC 2.6

Post by Don Ferguso » Wed, 29 Aug 2001 06:02:12

"Absolutely Necessary"  ...No

I have been able to connect to SQL 2K fine with MDAC 2.5 as long as it is
not a named instance; however, I would still recommend that you upgrade your
clients to MDAC 2.6 anyway.

Quote:> Is it absolutely necessary that I use MDAC 2.6 to connect to a SQL Server