sp_OA OLE Automation Problem

Post by ken_shap.. » Thu, 06 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Have you heard of anyone having problems instantiating dlls coded in VB
via SP_OACreate inside SQL 7.

My compents were able to run on 6.5 which used the ODSOLE32.DLL. Now
7.0 uses the ODSOLE70.DLL. I can run my custom components on the same
server as 7.0 but only through a VB Automation Controller and Active X
Sript in a DTS Package. However, SP_OACreate will not instantiate my
custom com objects. I can instantiate DTS and DMO without a problem via
SP_OACreate on SQL 7. I am set up as system adminstrator

When I try to instiate the custom com objects I get the following
message:

OLE Automation Error Information
HRESULT: 0x80040154
Source: ODSOLE Extended Procedure

How can the class not be registered if i can run my com object(s)
through VB and DTS Active X sripting on the same server?

Yours Truly,

Ken Shapley

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. sp_OA OLE Automation Proplem

Have you heard of anyone having problems instantiating dlls coded in VB
via SP_OACreate inside SQL 7.

My compents were able to run on 6.5 which used the ODSOLE32.DLL. Now
7.0 uses the ODSOLE70.DLL. I can run my custom components on the same
server as 7.0 but only through a VB Automation Controller and Active X
Sript in a DTS Package. However, SP_OACreate will not instantiate my
custom com objects. I can instantiate DTS and DMO without a problem via
SP_OACreate on SQL 7. I am set up as System Administrator.

When I try to instiate the custom com objects I get the following
message:

OLE Automation Error Information
HRESULT: 0x80040154
Source: ODSOLE Extended Procedure

How can the class not be registered if i can run my com object(s)
through VB and DTS Active X sripting on the same server?

Yours Truly,

Ken Shapley

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. NEWBIE QUESTION

3. problem with OLE Automation

4. Sample from send-stone in OLE DB for Data Mining Resource Kit

5. Problem with OLE Automation object in SPROC

6. MSDE 2000?

7. Save to New version : problem with VBA and Excel OLE Automation

8. bogus Database is Published message prevents design changes

9. Mintaka - Problems with OLE Automation of VB4

10. OLE Automation Problems - MEMORY HOG (Memory Leak?)

11. Problem: OLE automation server can't create object

12. Help : Remote OLE Automation Problem in 95 and NT 4.0