Read an Access Database from inside a SQL7 Stored Procedure

Read an Access Database from inside a SQL7 Stored Procedure

Post by Flag » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:22:30

Hi

Basically I need to look through an access database and take what I
want and dump it into a sql database.  I know I can do this in some
sort of interface program, but it would be easier for me to do it
within a stored procedure.  Is this possible?

I just found in books on line:

Syntax
OPENROWSET('provider_name'
    {
        'datasource';'user_id';'password'
        | 'provider_string'
    },
    {
        [catalog.][schema.]object
        | 'query'
    })

I think that is what I am looking for.  If you have any other
suggetions, please let me know

thanks in advance