Dts packge running another dts package fails

Dts packge running another dts package fails

Post by kare » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 18:36:43

I have written a dts package. When the step in the package
is completed successfully, it goes to another step which
executed another dts package.
everying was working fine until i decided to change the
password for SA. All connections in both DTS packages
where made using sa. So ofcourse i changed the passwords
in the connections in both packages.
But there is a problem. When the step completes
successfully on the first DTS package it then goes to the
second step (which executes the second dts package) and
this step failes with the message: step failed - login
failed for user SA.
then i tried to run the second package seperately and it
works fine.
I've been racking my brains to try and find out where else
is there a connection configured when the first package
accesses the second package, and haven't been able to find
out.
For now i returened the old password and changed back the
connections, and it's working fine.
does anyone have an idea for a solution to my problem ?

Dts packge running another dts package fails

Post by Darren Gree » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:05:05

Quote:> I have written a dts package. When the step in the package
> is completed successfully, it goes to another step which
> executed another dts package.
> everying was working fine until i decided to change the
> password for SA. All connections in both DTS packages
> where made using sa. So ofcourse i changed the passwords
> in the connections in both packages.

<snip>

When loading a package stored as a "Local Package" you must specify
connection details. Have you check the code or task that loads and executes
the second package?

--
Darren Green (SQL Server MVP)
http://www.sqldts.com

Dts packge running another dts package fails

Post by kare » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:34:16

i have checked the task that executes the second package
and i changed the connection details, but I still get the
same error.
Do you  have another idea?

Post by Darren Gree » Sat, 22 Jun 2002 04:00:19

Quote:>i have checked the task that executes the second package
>and i changed the connection details, but I still get the
>same error.
>Do you  have another idea?

No. Can you explain further your package structures, what each step is
etc. What is the exact error message? What version of SQL?

--
Darren Green (SQL Server MVP)
DTS - http://www.sqldts.com