SQL problem, MSDTC Problem or VB.NET problem?

SQL problem, MSDTC Problem or VB.NET problem?

Post by Florian Marinoi » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 01:03:58

Hello,

I have a very strange behaviour of one of ours web applications.

I have the user interface in VB.NET, I have the business logic layer as
VB6 COM components running as COM+ applications(W2K SP3) and the data
layer
SQL 2K SP2.
I have two SQL Servers one live and one for test the only difference is
that the live server has some more security updates so the versions of
SQL differs slightly
Live: 8.00.578
Test: 8.00.534

I have a form in VB.NET(ASP.NET) that updates some information
concerning an user(last name, first name and email).
When I want to update this information on the live server I can see in
the database the lines that were modified (I hold theese values in the
database as attributes so I have a line for each name and one for email)
but if I wait for 5-15 seconds those lines diappear from the database.
It is a strange behaviour as if I use the test server this doesn't
happen.

I tried using profiler but I had no stetemen that executes a delete in
that table.

Any idea where I should check?
Thanks
Florian

SQL problem, MSDTC Problem or VB.NET problem?

Post by Gert E.R. Draper » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:39:18

It looks like an unexpected rollback to me, Profiler should be able to tell
you that the distributed transaction is started, committed or aborted.

Please reply only to the newsgroups.
You assume all risk for your use.
Copyright ? SQLDev.Net 1991-2002 All rights reserved.

Quote:> Hello,

> I have a very strange behaviour of one of ours web applications.

> I have the user interface in VB.NET, I have the business logic layer as
> VB6 COM components running as COM+ applications(W2K SP3) and the data
> layer
> SQL 2K SP2.
> I have two SQL Servers one live and one for test the only difference is
> that the live server has some more security updates so the versions of
> SQL differs slightly
> Live: 8.00.578
> Test: 8.00.534

> I have a form in VB.NET(ASP.NET) that updates some information
> concerning an user(last name, first name and email).
> When I want to update this information on the live server I can see in
> the database the lines that were modified (I hold theese values in the
> database as attributes so I have a line for each name and one for email)
> but if I wait for 5-15 seconds those lines diappear from the database.
> It is a strange behaviour as if I use the test server this doesn't
> happen.

> I tried using profiler but I had no stetemen that executes a delete in
> that table.

> Any idea where I should check?
> Thanks
> Florian

1. INSERT into access database using vb.net/ado.net..problem

Hello,

I am unable to insert into the access database. I have a
windows form application under vb.net and am using
ado.net to try to INSERT new entries into my database.
However, I keep getting errors. I would appreciate if
someone could help me out here.

Code snippet below.

Dim conn As New OleDbConnection()
conn.ConnectionString = connect

Dim insertStr As String = "INSERT INTO finaldb
course,lname,fname,ssn,emailid VALUES infoArray
(4),infoArray(0),infoArray(1),infoArray(2),infoArray(3)"

Dim cmd As OleDbCommand = New OleDbCommand()
cmd.Connection = conn
cmd.CommandText = insertStr

conn.Open()
cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
conn.Close()

I would appreciate any help.

cheers
John

2. Inventory

3. Challenging SQL / VB .net problem!!

4. US-CO-Denver-Oracle Financials Developer 2000 programmers

5. VB.Net SQL-DMO EnumUsers problem

6. FileMaker --> Oracle?

7. VB 4.0 & SQL*Net 2.0 Problems

8. Sales Tax Database Wanted

9. SQL, VB, Access, Queries, Join Problem, and Newbie Problem

10. Paradox problem on the NET - problem

11. SQL Server 2000 MSDTC problem

12. MSDTC problem on SQL cluster

13. MSDTC for SQL 6.5 Service Problem