Execute DTS in ASP page

Post by hy » Wed, 15 May 2002 22:11:20

All,

I ran DTS package in asp page. All steps are failed. Web
server and database server are on different server. I
couldn't figure out the problem.

Thanks,
hy

Execute DTS in ASP page

Post by Sue Hoegemeie » Wed, 15 May 2002 22:56:01

Make sure to install and register the dts files on the IIS
server:
http://www.sqldts.com/main.asp?nav=1,6,225,0

You may also want to check the following for some more
information:
http://www.sqldts.com/article.asp?nav=1,6,207,7

INF: Execute a SQL Server DTS Package from Active Server
Pages (Q252987)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q252987

-Sue

On Tue, 14 May 2002 06:11:20 -0700, "hy"

>All,

>I ran DTS package in asp page. All steps are failed. Web
>server and database server are on different server. I
>couldn't figure out the problem.

>Thanks,
>hy

1. Having trouble executing DTS within ASP page

Here are a couple of the sites I've looked at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-
US;Q252987&
http://www.devarticles.com/content.php?articleId=64&page=5

I've basically just copied the code (but edited it to
reflect my server name, login name, etc), but it keeps
failing.

I've created the DTS, and if I right-click on it in
Enterprise Manager and press "Execute," it runs just fine.

I don't know much about Stored Procedures, but if you
think it would be easier for me to use them, I'd
appreciate any help.

I was told that using "sp_help_job" would give the ID, and
then I could just reference the ID in my ASP.  I saw
that "sp_help_job" (and sp_start_job, too) is a system
stored procedure, but everytime I try to run it in Query
Analyzer, it says "Stored Procedure not found."

Thank you in advance!

Suzanne

2. Produdt which can Compare databases/Make Changes

3. executing a DTS from ASP page

4. ALPHA-5 NEW RELEASE ON BBS

5. Executing Custom DTS/Active X DLL from ASP Page

6. More Data Types

7. Executing DTS via ASP & web page

8. Omitting in a Loop

9. Execute a DTS script of job from a ASP page

10. execute dts package from asp page

11. Using Stored Procedure to execute DTS package from ASP page

12. how to run a dts from a web page like an asp.net page

13. Execute DTS from asp.Net failure because that package contain execute SQL task