Replication of owner qualified tables

Post by Jores Minasvan » Mon, 24 Feb 1997 04:00:00

We are trying to replicate tables that are owned by dba and these tables
show up as dbo on the subscription database. We even tried to change the
destination database owner to dba, but still the same result. This is all
done in SQL6.5 environment.
Any Ideas?

1. Setting Replication with Owner Qualified tables

I am trying to get MS SQL 6.5 and Win NT 3.51 to replicate between two
geographically distant locations linked by a low speed continuous line
(an analogue leased line). The data which is to be replicated is already
running at both offices using their own sets of data. I propose to
'centralise' it and prevent duplication of data entry.

I have designed the DB to account for this. My problem is this:
    The tables to be replicated exist at both sides and are owned by the
used 'ShopUser' which is NOT the dbo.

I need to replicate information between the servers based on a
Branch_Code which is set at which site - this allows the system to
filter data and know what to replicate and what not to.

However, when I start the task I receive the following error in the
application event log:

Error: 14151, Severity: 20, State: 1
INSERT Permission denied on object EntranceLog, database FIST_Database,
owner ShopUser.

I imagine it has something to do with security but I have checked the
permissions - repl_subscriber and group public are fully permitted to
access FIST_Database.

I could really use some help here.

BTW Replication works fine without Owner Qualified so if you can tell me
how to change the DB Owner to ShopUser (which already exists as a USer
inside the DB and owns tables) - is there a way I could back it up and
then Change ShopUser to dbo ?

Please EMAIL any response to me - it will get to me much more quickly.

Thanks
Peter

2. SQL 7.0 and Views.

3. Accessing another user's table without qualifying table name with the owner-name

4. tango 2000 and P.SQL2000i on Linux Mandrake 8.1 machine.

5. SP2 blues: owner object not seen by owner unless fully qualified

6. Minimize VB Forms

7. Refer to table without qualifying with owner name in SQL 7

8. Complicated query

9. bug in qualified database.owner.table in sql:relation

10. scalar user-defined function require the function to be owner qualified

11. Merge replication changes table owner

12. Merge Replication with Table owner other than sa/dbo

13. Tables owner in merge replication