OLE DB FOR DATA MINING SAMPLE PROVIDER

Post by gg » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 09:47:25

How can I build it?

OLE DB FOR DATA MINING SAMPLE PROVIDER

Post by Jamie MacLenna » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 17:04:30

You need to get Visual Parse ++ from Sandstone Software.  There are
instructions with the provider.  I understand that Sandstone recently
released a new version of their parser, we have not updated our sample to
use the new version.  If you need to build the provider in the near future,
you should acquire the version of VP++ indicated in the instructions for the
sample provider.  It may be some time before we will be able to update the
sample.

Additional information on creating aggregated providers (not building the
sample) is available at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/BI/2000/dmproviderswp.asp

-Jamie
purposes and is intended to prevent automated spam. I've been "encouraged"
to share this helpful information from our lawyers. This posting is provided
"AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for
your use. ? 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Quote:> How can I build it?

1. OLE DB for Data Mining Sample Provider Help

You could download DMSample appl from http://groups.msn.com/AnalysisServicesDataMining.
The DMSample app is a VB program (available as source code) that allows you to create
OLEDB DM commands (CREATE/INSERT/SELECT and etc) and send them to the Analysis
server, and display the result of execution. For the detail of the syntax, please look at the OLEDB DM spec
(http://www.microsoft.com/data/oledb/dm.htm).

I also suggest to visit the FAQ page (http://groups.msn.com/AnalysisServicesDataMining/faq.msnw)
for many other useful info.

--
Peter Kim
Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only.

2. Open Connection Box Using Code?

3. OLE DB for Data Mining Sample Provider

4. I search a delphi function to crypt and uncrypt a string

5. OLE DB FOR DATA MINING SAMPLE PROVIDER

6. Nightmare came true: GC took 15 minutes!

7. OLE DB for Data Mining Sample Provider

8. Trouble with SQL2000 demo install

9. Sample from send-stone in OLE DB for Data Mining Resource Kit

10. Data Mining Sample Provider

11. OLE DB Data Mining SQL syntax

12. Some OLE DB Data Mining questions