Migration from VFP to SQL 7.0

Post by John » Sat, 05 Feb 2000 04:00:00

We are currently in a lull with our development cycle, so I have been given
the task of comparing VFP to SQL. We have about 40 tables that get regular
use and then another 150 tables for whatever. Our main tables have about
1,000,000 records in them and about 500mb in size. Some in the IS dept. have
said that we could triple our data and still be alright. Others think we
should upgrade to something like SQL or Oracle. I have been trying to find
some stats or performance info to justify staying with FoxPro or to move to
a differnet backend. Does anyone know of someplace I can look for the data.
If we need to migrate our data, I would rather do it while we have the time
instead of when it breaks down. TIA.

Migration from VFP to SQL 7.0

Post by Brad Irb » Sat, 05 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I've got a client that was using VFP 5, and they crashed _HARD_ when they
hit files of 2 gig.  One day it worked, the next it didn't.  Anecdotal
evidence, but there it is........  8)

Good luck,
Brad Irby
Building Block Software

Quote:> We are currently in a lull with our development cycle, so I have been